Saturday, January 31, 2009

Art can be fun, if you make it that way

Thusday night was so much fun! I met Ariel, Audrey and Preston at the Dallas Museum of Art for their Colors exhibit. That's not the real name but I can't remember what it was. It was a strange exhibit where in one showcase there was a spotlight focused on a spinning mirror in a large room. That's it. The coolest was a round standing screen that you step into and colors change and fade and blink. I really liked it. On the other hand, there was one showcase with an electric fan suspended from the ceiling and blowing itself in arcs and circles around the room. Yeah.
We finally got to the painting portion of the museum and I made some snarky comments about one that's frame was really nice and another that looked like a monkey smoking a cigarette. lol Really it did.
After the museum we went to sushi. So good. It's been a long time since I had sushi. Preston is really cute and funny. I thought he might have been gay but is apparently not. lol. Oops. He also graduated from Texas A&M Galveston in 05 with a degree in engineering. I knew he seemed familiar but I hadn't met him before through Ariel so I thought I was just going crazy. I'd seen his face before. Phew. Not crazy.
Then I ditched them for Chelle and Chris at the House of Blues. People watching included some really bad dancing to some really good jazz and blues. After we left the HOB, we went to the Fox and Hound for drinks and pool. I kicked pool ass. Chris is really cute and nice.
Friday, Chelle and I worked at the sanctuary and we did dishes and food distribution. Lots of grinding, scissoring, and weighing horse meat. The muscle in my right arm from scissoring for an hour is killer.

Tomorrow is the Superbowl party!

No comments:

Post a Comment