Thursday, April 30, 2009

Officially Employed!

Alright, I got the job! I am now the client-caregiver liason and general office floater for a company called AssuraSource. They employ caregivers and social workers for two parts of the company. On one side, they see patients with mental and behavioral issues. This work is not done in office; these social workers travel to homes, living facilities and the occasional McDonalds to see their patients. The side I'll be working on is the Caregiver side. The clients on this side of the business are a range of people from someone needing 24 hour care in home, someone needing a caregiver to cook or grocery shop or someone needing a bath every few days. This is not hospice as it's not done by an RN but a CNA. Family members of the person needing help can call and schedule a caregiver for the tasks necessary. I will be the person scheduling these caregivers and making sure everything goes smoothly.
The pay is better than what I was making at the museum with set hours of 8-5 Mon-Fri. It's in Dallas at 635 and Hillcrest. I will have the potential for salary soon with benefits and such after 3 months depending on performance and such.
I am going to be looking for an apartment in the North Dallas area soon, like, next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment